Sakura Con: h. NAOTO Fashion Show

On the second day of Sakura Con, Saturday, I attended an h. NAOTO fashion show! The designer himself was attending the convention and we got to see his new work. Michi and our friend Shelby and I had priority passes because of our Sakura Con sponsored hotel, which means anyone with a pass got in before the regular line. We gave Hana and my other roommate Adolfo our extras and managed to grab seats right behind the press on the left side of the runway. Adolfo wasn't familiar at all with the brand but he enjoyed watching us and taking embarrassing pictures. The rest of us sat on the edges of our seats.

The mood was slow and thick and eery and the models moved as if they were in a trance. I found myself filled with anticipation, the kind that makes your skin crawl and your pulse rise. I couldn't have asked for more from the man that inspires us to see so much beauty in the dark.




At times I was distracted by the images behind the models. Somewhere in the middle of the show there were images from an old line with the models standing in the clothes with their heads covered. It was gorey and creepy and beautiful and I had to force myself to remember what I was supposed to be watching.



Beautifully simple and perfect for Hana who was able to buy the blouse after the show at the booth.












My true love! The blouse and skirt that I held in my arms but will never, ever be mine. I leaned forward to watch it walk by and nudged both Hana and Shelby as if they couldn't see it.



I literally gasped and pointed when she turned around.



This jacket was even more gorgeous in person. The back is so intricate. I hope that everyone got a chance to go by and see it. The runway didn't do it justice.









Even Adolfo fell in love with something. If he could have he would have bought this jacket.









The gold dress. Michi immediately fell in love with it and it immediately fell in love with her. Naoto-san fell in love with Michi in it.

In his words: ゴールドドレス宜しく!!











Naoto-San and his incredible models. Mostly from here and chosen from volunteers.




I am so blessed to have been allowed to attend this show.

♥ Amanda Leigh

2 thoughts on “Sakura Con: h. NAOTO Fashion Show”

  1. Yaaaaay~ you posted! You guys got some great shots!! :D Seriously, HIGHLIGHT OF OUR LIVES! <3

    And seeing as that dress was meant for you, we took absolutely no offense to any nudging, prodding, or pointing ;) I love that each of us "had" something in that show!

Leave a Reply