McTired

Work's been a little demanding lately. With some ups and downs. My Christmas paycheck was much better than I was afraid it would be! But now I have no day off in sight and my position at the store has changed a bit...

January is a bit of a rough month at McDonald's where, yes it's even possible in fast food, business can get slow at times. Our store in Stanwood can get busy but it's nowhere near the most happening store in our franchise. The holidays are over and until we start climbing back up towards Summer things are rather.. dead. It means less customers, more hours cut, and less workers in the store at a time. (Super hard when a random rush comes in and there's two of you on front counter.) It seems to... not have effected my workload at all. In fact, I'm in the middle of a fourteen day work week. -_-

My job at the store is the work of a regular crew member (serve customers, cook food, etc.) but it is also to train new and old employees. Particularly to handle the three day training period of new crew. It is rewarding work but tiring all the same. Sometimes you just want to go to work and not have to think about what you're doing and I get to talk through every little thing I do. But it's worth it in the end. With our schedules written a couple weeks ahead of time sometimes trainees aren't planned for and I get to add a good amount of hours into a pay period. It usually also means that I lose my days off. After actually getting New Years off from work I was looking at eight days on and then finally two days off to prepare for another long week. Now I'm looking at fourteen days on, some possible overtime and THEN a couple days off. I am looking forward to next Tuesday and my paycheck!

On that subject, I got a raise!

Which makes it a lot easier to think that now instead of my Head Crew Trainer title I am now just a Crew Trainer again. Apparently with the new management system my position doesn't... really exist. My boss said that my pay rate stays in tact, I am still her 'Go-to Crew Trainer', and she will back up the position on my resume. I can't help feeling a little bummed, though and I'm still trying to figure out exactly where my place is with my crew trainers and crew. For now I plan to just keep working like I have been and not worry about it too much. Nothing has changed, it just sucks. Haha. I guess I can't complain until I stop telling her no when she asks me to be a manager. ^^;;

...

My skin is having an adverse reaction to the sanitizer we use at work. I can't really do dishes anymore and I shouldn't be making towel buckets in the morning, or reaching in to get a clean towel. It itches, it hurts, and it looks like my right hand is slowly, finger by finger, beginning to transform into a monster's. I think the rest of me may follow.

No, I will not show you a picture.

♥ Amanda Leigh

Leave a Reply