Happy Birthday Baby Kitty~

I did it! Long week over and I finally have tomorrow off! It's going to be amazing. I am going to sleep in so hard. I might even stay in bed until ten. :P And then apparently I have a couple surprises for my birthday.. Ugh, I hate surprises!

But that's tomorrow. Tonight is the anniversary of the night I sat at Syl's boyfriend's apartment, dreading the surprises of my twenty-first, and Baby-Kitty wandered into our lives.

The baby one year ago.

I woke up this morning, went to work, rode the bus home, walked up my long driveway and back into my bedroom where Michi and Lolth were still laying around in bed. (Michi's a closer, I'm an opener. :P Odd schedule overlaps) Lolth ran off, came back, cried at me for thirty seconds straight, let me rub my face on her,  and ran back out of the room. That was when, for some reason, I remembered it was her birthday!

Last year we were all sitting around at David's, probably us three girls pouring over DnD manuals while the boys watched TV/played video games, when we heard crying at the back door. (It was actually very, very reminiscent of the time in Virginia when we fostered a lost cat who had cried at our window. We were very happy to find his little girl.) David went to check it out and the skinny little black and white cat flew into the room. She had a lot to say and desperately wanted pets. We gave her some chicken to eat and gave her a warm place to stay for the night. Michi named her Lolth after the Spider Queen in DnD. Why? Not sure. I think she thought it wouldn't matter because she wouldn't be sticking around and she came in out of the dark. Plus when a name strikes her it fits. As for Lolth, Michi and I agreed to be foster mommies again while David and Syl put up posters searching for her people.

No one called or came by, so, Lolth became part of our little family.

Lolth and I had a rough start as I had a bit of 'Stepmother' syndrome in which I considered her Michi's baby and had a hard time bonding with her. Enough nights of her sleeping, curled up against me underneath the blanket and sitting on my arm while I tried to use the computer quickly remedied that and I love her to pieces. Even when she wakes me up at midnight when I have to open at four-thirty and I nearly toss her out my window. We haven't gotten her anything yet but she has a pretty little pink collar with her name on it for Christmas and tomorrow we'll pick her up some treats and a new toy. One of these days we will buy her the scratching post/perch she desperately wants but that will have to wait for a bit.

She so spontaneously appeared in my life and I couldn't love my cat baby more.

Happy Birthday Baby Kitty~~

She prefers the Underdark.


♥ Amanda Leigh

One thought on “Happy Birthday Baby Kitty~”

Leave a Reply