Playing With Recipes

I decided to play around and try and work out a new recipe today. Pilsbury's Facebook page inspired me to try a new idea for leftover pie crust (yes, it is a problem) so I made up some homemade pie crust, cut it long ways and added some filling to make yummy little pie bars. I tried chocolate chips and apple sauce.

The chocolate chip were really good but they need something extra to combat the dryness of the pie crust. The recipe on the site had preserves so I will definitely add that next time.

Apple sauce didn't work at all.



Chocolate chip.

Apple sauce. It looked pretty but just didn't have any flavour at all. Next time I'll just make my own filling.

Not my prettiest of pie creations but anything to practice my crust! 

...I need a new rolling pin.

♥ Amanda Leigh

Leave a Reply